The 2023 real estate and personal property tax bills will be mailed out by Dec. 14, 2023. A few reminders:
DUE DATES/INFORMATION FOR REAL ESTATE TAX PAYMENTS:
- First installment/full payment-postmarked no later than January 31. Due to Town of Wilson Treasurer.
- Second installment-postmarked no later than July 31. Due to Lincoln County Treasurer.
DUE DATES/INFORMATION FOR PERSONAL PROPERTY TAX PAYMENTS:
- First installment/full payment postmarked no later than January 31. Due to Town of Wilson Treasurer.
- Second installment-postmarked no later than July 31. Due to Town of Wilson Treasurer.
HOW TO PAY:
By Mail (Preferred):
- Send payments to Town of Wilson-Treasurer, PO Box 566, Tomahawk WI 54487
- Please add your phone number to your check or your tax payment stub, should we need to contact you.
- To avoid delays in the receipt of your payment by the due date:
– Make sure your check is filled out correctly.
– Allow ample time for mailing to allow for any potential USPS delays.
– Please ensure your bank (if you escrow our tax payment) or your Bill Pay setup uses PO Box 566.
– FedEx or UPS payments cannot be delivered to our PO Box, please use USPS Priority mail instead.
– Often Bill Pay payments do not have a postmark date which can cause issues when payment arrives after due date. Allow ample time when requesting your payment to allow for processing and mailing by the bank, and arrival before or on the due date.
In Person Payment at Town Hall:
- In Person Dates/Times:
Tues 12/19/23 8-9:30am
Wed 12/27/23 8-9:30am and 4-6pm
Tues 1/23/24 8-9:30am
Tues 1/30/24 8-9:30am and 4-6pm
Other days/time are by appointment only, please call Laurie at 715-453-8465.
- $35 will be charged for any check returned by the bank for insufficient funds or other reason.
Receipts: If mailing your payment, you have two options to obtain a paid receipt:
- Include a self-addressed, stamped envelope with your payment and your receipt will be mailed back to you.
- Visit the Lincoln County tax system website (ascent.co.lincoln.wi.us) to print your own receipt. Select Town of Wilson from the Municipality dropdown and then enter your Last Name. Click on Find Now. Then click on your Parcel Number from the list displayed. In the Select Detail dropdown, click on Taxes. Click on the most recent Tax Year in the list displayed. When the window appears with your receipt, click on Printer Friendly and print your receipt. Call Laurie (715-453-8465) if you have questions.